One of the things Timmy and I have both been looking forward to in regards to owning a home is having a yard to work in. Boy have we got a yard to work with. I am a little impatient, and a little overwhelmed. I have visions in my head that I want to happen immediately (i dont want to wait)....and there is a LOT to do (so some things will have to wait ): ). It really appears that our yard has not really been "worked in" in at least 5 years, maybe longer. This is going to be a process. A long process. BUT I'M SO EXCITED!!!
So this week is spring break. I am out of school, and Timmy has taken the week off because his youth are out of school. We have planned out a space for a vegetable garden. Timmy has planned how to build a raised garden, and the cedar planks have been purchased. We have trees to plant. We have blueberry bushes!! We have seeds to sow. We have bulbs to plant! Ohmygoodness, and the list of wants and dreams continues to grow.
We bought a crepe myrtle today...does that mean we're an old married couple now? We are both really excited about it...
I really cannot describe how excited I am to have a vegetable and herb garden. We're going to make a compost bin too!!! Timmy laughs at me for certain things I do, and he'll say something like "why do you like that?" or "why do you want that?"....because my mom did it, or my mom has one. So, yes. My mom has a compost pile, and I love it. And I want one. But it is so much more than wanting one just because my mom has one....it is functional. I feel like it is using waste effectively. Plus...compost is good for gardening! Duh!
I'm trying not to get my expectations up too high for this week. I have a list of things to get done, but I do not expect our yard to look polished and complete by the end of the week. I think it's going to be fun...I hope it doesn't rain too much.
We made sure to take some before pictures of the yard so that once everything is finished...no telling when that will be...we can see what changes took place.
This is where we will put the vegetable garden. It will be centered under the basement window, and will have two tiers.
Today is Saturday night...we'll see how I'm feeling about all of this in a week. Ha! I'll probably be sore and sleepy. You can pretty much tell how my mind is functioning right now when you see how I've written this blog. It's a bit all over the place...a bit scattered. I have so many things in my head that I want to accomplish...my mind is all over the place. This week...the goal is the vegetable garden...and to get all of our trees and bushes in the ground....and to plant the bulbs I've bought. And if we have time...get a new mailbox, and plant flowers around the mailbox. Is that too much? Focus...vegetable garden.
Operation vegetable garden...here I come! Pictures at some point...when, I'm not sure. But they will come.
No comments:
Post a Comment